Wadi Resort, Wadi Rum, Jordan
(Oppenheim Architecture + Design, estimated 2014)
- the Wadi Resort is a hotel buried within stone in the changing natural landscape
- the windows are sharp shapes cut into sharp rocks, and look like shards of glass
- from the location alone, it promises a killer view
- there’s a guess that the interior of the resort will be elegant and beautiful, but also simple enough for the guests to appreciate the beauty of the surrounding
- I’m starting to sense a pattern in modern infused with nature after doing all these entries. They’re usually or always usually long shapes, sharp edges, clean cuts, in an attempt to make up for the classiness and elegance nature’s forms always have.
- I do wonder what the view from the rooms are like though. This is only one side of the rock, but I’m not sure that they will be able to or want to cut a window in the rock for every room